Are you charged with Culpeper reckless driving? If so, you’re in the right place.
Reckless driving is definitely a serious charge. It’s not just a traffic ticket. It’s a class 1 misdemeanor that could entail license suspension or even jail time.
The good news is that you have options.
When I’m defending any reckless driving charge, I begin with my client’s driving record. That sets the stage for many possible outcomes with the judge, and it frames the entire case.
I always get to court early to talk with the officer and analyze his evidence. In reckless driving by speed cases, the officer has to basically prove that he clocked you, that his equipment was calibrated & accurate, and that his equipment read the alleged speed. There are several other issues (such as proving that the offense occurred in Culpeper County), but those are the basic pieces of evidence the officer must have.
Even if the officer can prove everything for his case, we can still negotiate the case with the officer and the judge. The current Culpeper judge is quite reasonable. Depending upon the specifics of your case and your prior driving record, we can try to get the case dismissed or at least reduced to a minor traffic infraction.
Whatever you do, I always encourage people to talk with a traffic attorney who practices in Culpeper to see what options might be available. The last thing you want is to be found guilty of a reckless driving charge when it was preventable.
Free consultation. Call me: 540.318.5824.
I provide free consultations for traffic tickets and misdemeanors in my area. If I can't help, I'll do my best to connect you with someone who can.
Free book for you
If you want more answers about your reckless driving ticket, grab a free copy of my book. We'll send it right over for free.
My book covers everything from the law to defenses to how to appeal if things go South. And I wrote it all myself, unlike some people who just slap their name on someone else's book.
More about reckless driving...
- Can I Just Mail The Judge A Letter For my Virginia Reckless Driving Case?
- Can I Petition to Have Traffic Fines Reduced Even if the Case is Old?
- I am 17 and got a Ticket. Will my License be Suspended?
- In Virginia, Must You Sign the Ticket the Officer Gives You? Are You Admitting Guilt?
- Out of-State Drivers who Have a Reckless Driving Ticket in Virginia, Beware Hiring an Out-of-State Attorney.
- Is Reckless Driving a Felony?
- The Officer Wrote the Wrong Driver’s License Number, Zip Code and Speed Limit on my Ticket. What Should I do?
- Online Traffic School
- Can Police Run Radar in The Rain?
- Should You go to Driving School Before Virginia Traffic Court?