When you’re charged with reckless driving in Virginia, your natural instinct is to look online about the charge and learn about what exactly you’re facing. You will see lots of attorneys talking about jail, a mammoth fine and suspension of your license for six months. But are you really facing license suspension for your reckless driving in Virginia ticket?
There are too many unique factors in your case to give a yes or no answer on a website.
It is technically correct that one of the punishments on the table for any reckless driving charge in Virginia is suspension of your license for up to six months. If you have a Virginia license, that would suspend your privilege to drive in every state. If you have a license from out of state, that would suspend your privilege to drive in Virginia. Then your home state could issue what we call a reciprocal suspension and suspend you in your state as well.
To determine if you’re facing license suspension in your particular case, call me.
Here’s the important thing: only call someone who is local to the court your case is pending in. An attorney who doesn’t have experience handling reckless driving cases in your court simply won’t have as much knowledge about the judge’s usual habits regarding license suspension.
Something very simple, such as will your license be suspended or not, can differ based on the local judges who are handling the cases. Contact me to get a better idea of what you are facing. I will explain all your options and work to get you the best possible outcome.
Photo by: amira_a
Free consultation. Call me: 540.318.5824.
I provide free consultations for traffic tickets and misdemeanors in my area. If I can't help, I'll do my best to connect you with someone who can.
Free book for you
If you want more answers about your reckless driving ticket, grab a free copy of my book. We'll send it right over for free.
My book covers everything from the law to defenses to how to appeal if things go South. And I wrote it all myself, unlike some people who just slap their name on someone else's book.
More about reckless driving...
- Can I Just Mail The Judge A Letter For my Virginia Reckless Driving Case?
- Can I Petition to Have Traffic Fines Reduced Even if the Case is Old?
- I am 17 and got a Ticket. Will my License be Suspended?
- In Virginia, Must You Sign the Ticket the Officer Gives You? Are You Admitting Guilt?
- Out of-State Drivers who Have a Reckless Driving Ticket in Virginia, Beware Hiring an Out-of-State Attorney.
- Is Reckless Driving a Felony?
- The Officer Wrote the Wrong Driver’s License Number, Zip Code and Speed Limit on my Ticket. What Should I do?
- Online Traffic School
- Can Police Run Radar in The Rain?
- Should You go to Driving School Before Virginia Traffic Court?