A man in Sparks, Nevada was stunned after a morning of alleged driving under the influence on Saturday, February 2, 2013. At a quarter to nine, police were called with the report that there was a car spinning in circles on the street before coming to a stop on the curb with a flat tire. Residents on the street claimed that the driver got out of the car and into a white truck and drove away.
After police had arrived at the scene, the driver, who is a 42-year-old resident of the neighborhood, returned. He was allegedly speeding in the white truck and almost hit the police officers. When police officers approached him, he allegedly pushed back. This prompted a physical tussle. During the struggle, the man is accused of grabbing the neck of an officer and pulling off her necklace. At this point, another officer used a stun gun on the man.
Police then arrested the driver. He is now charged with reckless driving, driving under the influence, battery on a police officer, destruction of property, and obstructing a police officer. The only officer hurt in the scuffle was the one grabbed by the neck; she has only minor injuries.
This case provides a good example of why you should always be polite to police officers. You shouldn’t consent to searches or the preliminary breath test, but you shouldn’t fight with officers. That won’t get you anywhere but jail.
Free consultation. Call me: 540.318.5824.
I provide free consultations for traffic tickets and misdemeanors in my area. If I can't help, I'll do my best to connect you with someone who can.
Free book for you
If you want more answers about your reckless driving ticket, grab a free copy of my book. We'll send it right over for free.
My book covers everything from the law to defenses to how to appeal if things go South. And I wrote it all myself, unlike some people who just slap their name on someone else's book.
More about DUI / DWI...
- Is Your Lawyer Waiving Your Rights?!
- How Does Ignition Interlock Work? [video]
- Will you get Jail Time for a DWI With a Blood Alcohol Content Over .15?
- Can The Police Pull You Over For a Pine Tree Air Freshener?
- Points In Time For A DWI [Infographic]
- How do You Fight a DWI Second Offense in Virginia?
- I’m Drunk Right Now. What Rights am I Losing?
- What Statements Could Hurt You During a DWI Stop?
- Announcing The First Andrew Flusche Scholarship Contest
- If I Refuse to Take the Breath Test Can They Still Take my Blood Anyway in Virginia?