A Culpeper mom is charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor for allegedly buying her teenage son and his friends alcohol and allowing them to drink and smoke marijuana.
The sad part of that story, in my opinion, is the three 18-year-olds who are also charged with contributing to the delinquency of the minors who were present. On one hand, they are technically adults, so they can be charged with that offense. But just because they’ve had their 18th birthday doesn’t make them any more mature than the other teenagers who were present.
The entire ordeal stems from the Eastern View High School homecoming dance. Allegedly several of the students skipped the dance and instead went to a Richardsville house where the smoking and drinking took place.
The best moral of this story is to not drink when you’re underage, not smoke pot, and definitely not to help minors break the law.
Free consultation. Call me: 540.318.5824.
I provide free consultations for traffic tickets and misdemeanors in my area. If I can't help, I'll do my best to connect you with someone who can.
More about possession of marijuana...
- Possession of Marijuana – Options for Your Case
- Losing Marijuana Defense – I Only Had a Bowl
- Losing Marijuana Defense – I Only Had a Little Bit
- Losing Marijuana Defense – I Didn’t Smoke Anything
- Losing Marijuana Defense – The Officer Didn’t Have a Reason to Search, but I Consented
- Losing Marijuana Defense – It Wasn’t Mine
- Winning Marijuana Defense – The Officer Made an Illegal Search
- Winning Marijuana Defense – It was NOT Marijuana
- Winning Marijuana Defense – The Officer Didn’t Have a Good Reason to Stop Me
- Winning Marijuana Defense – I was NOT in Possession