The other day I was in court handling a reckless driving charge for a client, and I overheard another lawyer giving his client bad advice.
This attorney doesn’t focus on reckless driving cases like me, so he just had no clue what he was talking about. He advised his client that his reckless driving charge would appear on his driving record as a charge but that it would be listed as “dismissed.”
Wrong. Wrong. Wrong!
It drives me crazy when folks pay good money to an attorney who tells them flat out false information.
If your reckless driving in Virginia case is being dismissed, it will NOT show up on your driving record. Period. It simply won’t be on there.
This is why fighting your reckless driving charge is critical. Having it dismissed completely is the only way to keep it off your record.
If you are found guilty of reckless driving in Virginia, the conviction will hit your record. DMV will assess 6 points, and the conviction will stay on the record for 11 years.
What’s the moral of this story?
Hire an attorney who knows what they’re doing. Don’t hire someone who dabbles in traffic cases.
Free consultation. Call me: 540.318.5824.
I provide free consultations for traffic tickets and misdemeanors in my area. If I can't help, I'll do my best to connect you with someone who can.
Free book for you
If you want more answers about your reckless driving ticket, grab a free copy of my book. We'll send it right over for free.
My book covers everything from the law to defenses to how to appeal if things go South. And I wrote it all myself, unlike some people who just slap their name on someone else's book.
More about reckless driving...
- Was the officer mistaken when he clocked my vehicle?
- Stafford Reckless Driving – What NOT to Say
- Virginia Speedometer Calibration Demo and Sample Calibration
- Beat a Spotsylvania Reckless Driving Ticket
- What is Reckless Endangerment in Virginia?
- Virginia Traffic Court Defense
- Help with Virginia Uniform Summons
- Falling Asleep Behind the Wheel
- How do I Beat This Reckless Driving Charge?
- How Many Tickets Are Written Over The 4th of July Holiday?