A man in Berlin, Maryland was charged twice in the same night with driving under the influence. He was not, however, charged twice in one night with the same crime. He allegedly committed the same offense twice in one night.
On December 12, 2012, Richard Hudome was pulled over for speeding and then arrested for driving under the influence. After processing at the police station, a police officer drove Hudome home. Two hours later, he was arrested and again charged with driving under the influence after walking back to his car. He was then brought to the District Court commissioner and released. He now faces charges of speeding, driving under the influence, and willfully disobeying the orders of a police officer.
Hudome is not alone, though. In February 2011, a Pennsylvania man in Berlin was charged with two DUIs in the same morning. In this case, Daniel Fitchett Jr., after being arrested at 1 AM, charged for driving under the influence, and released with orders not to drive for 12 hours, called police repeatedly to help him find his car; once he found the car, he proceeded to drive in it and was arrested again around 6:30 AM.
Hudome will appear in court in February of 2013 to face his charges.
Free consultation. Call me: 540.318.5824.
I provide free consultations for traffic tickets and misdemeanors in my area. If I can't help, I'll do my best to connect you with someone who can.
Free book for you
If you want more answers about your DWI case, grab a free copy of my book. We'll send it right over for free.
My book is packed full of concrete tips and information that will immediately help you with your Virginia DUI / DWI charge. It's not a puff piece that I paid someone else to write. It's filled with tips that I use to help my clients. You can grab your copy right now.
More about DUI / DWI...
- Is Your Lawyer Waiving Your Rights?!
- How Does Ignition Interlock Work? [video]
- Will you get Jail Time for a DWI With a Blood Alcohol Content Over .15?
- Can The Police Pull You Over For a Pine Tree Air Freshener?
- Points In Time For A DWI [Infographic]
- How do You Fight a DWI Second Offense in Virginia?
- I’m Drunk Right Now. What Rights am I Losing?
- What Statements Could Hurt You During a DWI Stop?
- Announcing The First Andrew Flusche Scholarship Contest
- If I Refuse to Take the Breath Test Can They Still Take my Blood Anyway in Virginia?