What NOT to do if you’re stopped by the police:
A Florida woman charged with driving under the influence allegedly offered sexual favors to the arresting police officer in order to let her go. On Sunday, January 13, 2013, a seventh grade teacher was arrested after hitting a Chevy pickup truck and driving away; a witness followed her after the collision and reported her to the police once she had parked.
Upon her arrest, police allege that the driver had bloodshot and glassy eyes and an empty container of wine behind her seat. Both airbags in the car had also been deployed. As the arresting officer was driving her to the police station, she allegedly asked him how much she needed to pay him to get him to let her go and then offered him two different sexual favors. Because of this, she now faces two counts of bribery in addition to her DUI charge. She is also charged driving on a suspended or revoked license as well as a hit and run.
The driver’s status as an educator is still pending, though she stands to lose her job over this incident. She will be referred to her school district’s counseling program and will either keep or lose her job depending on the results of the case.
Free consultation. Call me: 540.318.5824.
I provide free consultations for traffic tickets and misdemeanors in my area. If I can't help, I'll do my best to connect you with someone who can.
Free book for you
If you want more answers about your DWI case, grab a free copy of my book. We'll send it right over for free.
My book is packed full of concrete tips and information that will immediately help you with your Virginia DUI / DWI charge. It's not a puff piece that I paid someone else to write. It's filled with tips that I use to help my clients. You can grab your copy right now.
More about DUI / DWI...
- Is Your Lawyer Waiving Your Rights?!
- How Does Ignition Interlock Work? [video]
- Will you get Jail Time for a DWI With a Blood Alcohol Content Over .15?
- Can The Police Pull You Over For a Pine Tree Air Freshener?
- Points In Time For A DWI [Infographic]
- How do You Fight a DWI Second Offense in Virginia?
- I’m Drunk Right Now. What Rights am I Losing?
- What Statements Could Hurt You During a DWI Stop?
- Announcing The First Andrew Flusche Scholarship Contest
- If I Refuse to Take the Breath Test Can They Still Take my Blood Anyway in Virginia?