I wish. It would make much more sense to order people to do 24 hours of community service for every day of jail they might otherwise get. It would contribute to society and serve as a punishment.
But it’s not normally an option for cases like DWI. The law has certain requirements for jail, and it doesn’t allow community service as a substitute.
Photo Credit: nist6ss
Free consultation. Call me: 540.318.5824.
I provide free consultations for traffic tickets and misdemeanors in my area. If I can't help, I'll do my best to connect you with someone who can.
More about DUI / DWI...
- What is 19.2-187.1 – Notice of Intent to Introduce Certificate of Analysis?
- Virginia Officer Charged with Perjury in DWI
- Passenger Charged with Virginia DWI
- DUI Arrest for Marijuana – Active vs Inactive Metabolites
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Restricted License?
- How Can I Speed up my Ignition Interlock Installation?
- How do I get my Ignition Interlock Device Removed?
- Yes, You Can Afford to Hire a Lawyer!
- DWI Incident Ends with a Stun Gun
- What Happens When You Get a DWI in Another State?